Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What is a good code snippet, knowledge base note taking tool?


I have been storing my programming notes for years in folders with individual txt, pdf, zip files.
For years I have been looking for a great tool to organize my notes.

I develop in both OSX and Windows so looking for tools in both environments.

For non programming I used to use MyInfo from Milenix but there is no code highlightning

There is a thread here on How do you manage your knowledge base but I didn't get much wiser after reading that, but there is a lot of suggestions.

I recently came across Snippetmanager that has code highlighting. If I could combine this with MyInfo and sync with a Mac version it could be perfect. I might give it a try. UPDATE: This app haven't been updated for 1-2 years.

For Mac I found Snippetsapp but it doesn't support C# and haven't been updated for one year.


Snippets  (Mac+Windows)
CodeBox (Mac) but I'm missing a trial here before I pay 10USD



So far I'm still hunting for the perfect tool.

No comments: